Welcome to www.GoldenVisionTraining.com! I’m so happy you’re here.
This is Mary. I’m a passionate digital marketing trainer and coach. I am not the kind of person who likes to be under the spotlight. So if you search on Google, you probably won’t find many results about me. To help you know me better, I would love to share my personal story with you – a journey from a person in rat race struggling from paycheck to paycheck to whom I am today. I hope my story will inspire you to discover your potential and be a creator of your life and future.
Getting into the rat race
I am an average person just like you. Following my parents’ teaching of “Get good grades and work for big companies,” I went to study in the USA in 1995 to pursue my master degree in Communication Studies. After graduation, I worked for UPS SCS in Boston. I constantly felt the pressure of living from paycheck to paycheck. The 5% annual raise was nothing compared to the high living expenses in Boston. I didn’t see any future in my job and often felt bored about it.
Studying computer science hoping for a better job
The only way I could think of to get a high-paid job at that time was to go back to school for another master’s degree. The high-tech jobs were in high demand in Massachusetts in the late 90’s. So I quit my job in 2000 and enrolled in Bridgewater State College (now Bridgewater State University) Computer Science graduate program.
During my study, I worked for Bridgewater State College IT Department Web Development Team as a graduate assistant. I successfully built several web applications and maintained the school website.
By the time I finished the Computer Science program in 2002, the job market was hit badly by the bust of high-tech bubble. No one from my class found a computer science related job. My dream to find a high-paid job was gradually killed by the harsh reality. I was very disappointed. I wondered whether there was any way for me to do well financially or I had to accept the reality.
Immigrating to Canada
In 2003, while my husband Oliver Gu and I were waiting for our immigration visas to Canada, I read Robert Kiyosaki’s books on real estate, investment and CashFlow Quadrant. Though I didn’t fully understand the meaning of the quadrant he was talking about, I was very excited about the idea of creating wealth through real estate investment. His books ignited my new hope to build a bright financial future.
Oliver and I bought our first property in December 2003 just 3 months after we immigrated to Canada. It was a 5-level back split single detached house. Though it was not my dream house, it was a cash cow. We lived on the upper level and rented out two apartments downstairs. The rental income covered more than our mortgage. A year later, we bought our 2nd property.
In order to know more about real estate investment, I spent my spare time reading related books and attending real estate seminars. I created our own Hands-free Property Management System to streamline the property management activities such as advertising, tenant screening, managing tenants and properties, etc. My system greatly cuts down the work involved in managing our properties. We never run into any unpleasant dispute with our tenants or missing payments. The system is particularly helpful for investors with a full-time job.
In 2007, we purchased our 3rd property. At that time, we were short of $10K down payment and the seller asked for closing in 30 days as he needed the money urgently for another business. I came up with the idea of having the seller living in the house for 6 months after the closing at the rent of $2500/month prepaid in lump sum when the purchase contract was signed. It was a win-win solution. The deal went through smoothly. I was so encouraged by my creative thinking.
Besides the real estate investment, I helped my husband Oliver running his online business. He has been selling online since 1999. In 2006, I built a website selling Bible software for PDA.
Exploring the online world
In 2009 I built a website and applied email marketing to promote my husband’s side business. It was a quite successful move compared with the traditional way. At the same time, I spent more time to explore the world of internet marketing. My background in business, communication studies and computer science has formed a unique combination of skill sets that is beneficial for our online business.
Oliver and I started our Internet marketing training business in 2010. We partner with Victoria Training Center in Toronto, which is one the biggest and oldest training schools in Chinese community, offering Internet Marketing certification training to business owners and career students. Our training is unique because we not only teach online marketing strategies and skills, but also teach financial education and personal development. We have hosted over 300 training seminars and helped more than 10,000 people.
The Digital marketing training courses are well received in the Chinese community in GTA Toronto. We’ve received tons of 5-star feedback. My husband and I have been interviewed by Toronto Talent TV and many local newspapers. We also offer digital marketing training in English.
I had never thought I could be a trainer and coach because I used to be an introverted person. However, when the opportunity came, I grabbed it. It has turned out I have the talent to be an excellent trainer and coach. I am an open-minded, enthusiastic and confident person. I always have the passion to help others and share what I know with them. The teaching has been the most valuable experiences for me. It gives me an opportunity to find out people’s needs and wants so that I can better serve them.
Besides teaching, I offer private coaching to entrepreneurs and business owners, write blogs, create information products and do research to keep up with the latest online marketing trend. My two books “Inspirational Quotes About Success & Wealth” and “10 Powerful Way to Build Your Online Cash Machine” were published on Amazon Kindle Store. I am currently working on a couple of new eBooks to be published on Amazon.
Reflecting the past 19 years, I would like to share with you the following:
- Discover your potential and talent. You have the talent and potential to do great things in your life. You simply need to give yourself a chance to let it show and let it shine. Taking action is the best way to discover your potential and talent.
- Be open-minded and be a quick learner. Your formal education shouldn’t be a waste or burden. It is an asset for you. If you were a good student at school, you know how to learn new things quickly. If you were not, don’t worry. Studying what you passionate about is different from studying boring textbooks. Learn something new every day. Be prepared and get ready when opportunities arise.
- Emotional intelligence is essential to your success. The reason that many people fail in business is not that they do not have the expertise, but they just can’t handle the business emotionally. Start to think positively and think like an entrepreneur. Remember, any financial breakthrough starts from mindset changes. Inspirational Quotes About Success & Wealth is a great book to help you cultivate a winner’s mindset. My philosophy is “No matter what you do, do it with enthusiasm.”
- Use proven systems and strategies. To run a successful online or offline business, you need to follow proven systems and strategies, which will greatly increase your productivity and reduce your work load. Based on my years of experiences teaching internet marketing courses to local business owners and entrepreneurs, I have created a simple system Double Your Income Online Blueprint to eliminate the clutter to identify the best action steps and practical hands-on skills that you can implement right away to build your online business, double your sales and income. Tips and tricks can give you some results. It is systems and strategies that build a successful business.
- Form your husband and wife team if you are married. It is crucial to have the support and understanding from your spouse and/or family members. My husband Oliver is a person with entrepreneur spirit. He is the back force pushing me forward. He is the person who discovers my potential and encourages me. We often share what we learn with each other, brainstorm and implement new ideas.
Now I see the mission of my life clearly. It is to inspire and help millions of people to discover their full potential, live a prosperous life in every aspect and have a positive impact on the world. I hope my journey will motivate you to pursue your dream in your life. If I can do it, you can do it, too.
Connect with me by filling out your name and email on the right side to join my newsletter and receive our special FREE gifts bundle to you that will inspire you, motivate you and help you achieve your greatest potential in life! A few seconds you spend entering your name and email will be very worthwhile because I will show you a brand new world of digital marketing once you subscribe “Double Your Income” newsletter while it is still FREE!
Warm welcome you… join us and start your journey of business success, personal achievement and balanced lifestyle through digital marketing TODAY!